What do the world’s top 1% of sales professionals do differently? I am talking about the legends that have become billionaires through making sales.
They connect quickly and easily with prospects, move opportunities fast down the pipeline and effortlessly close big deals. Sales success at the best level is a choice. How bad do you want it? It’s not about natural talent, it’s about following and modelling the best of the best.
Let’s extract 15 key habits and choices. What is it that makes these rainmakers so successful?
- Believe in yourself – Unshakable self-belief that you will do it. Have an insatiable drive to win and visualise the life you have dreamed of until you live it. There must be absolutely no doubt and super-confidence that you will arrive at where you want to be. It’s only a matter of time.
- Do what you love and love what you do – Follow your heart and intuition. Passion is what drives you to succeed. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you don’t love what you do, how do you expect your prospect to do the same.
- Have a positive outlook – Always look at the bright side of life. You will encounter fewer obstacles and difficulties. Be happy, express gratitude & serve others. Life smiles at you when you are positive.
- Take action and do it – Don’t overthink and wait for perfect conditions. After you set goals, come up with a plan and do it. Unless you take action, your ideas will remain worthless.
- Think BIG but initially adopt the magic of tiny steps – Start super small then just start knocking down goals. This strengthens your belief system, self-confidence, gives you direction and encourages you to continue your journey.
- Never act desperately – No matter what, always appear financially secure, successful, and confident. When a prospect believes you don’t need them, they’ll be much more attracted to you.
- Challenge the status quo – Only 5% of the population achieve their life goals. Get out of your comfort zone and innovate. Learn new things and try new things. Doing things the way we have always done them and expecting different results is the first sign of insanity.
- Focus on the important stuff – Prospecting, following up and securing meetings. Outsource the non-money making tasks.
- Be a risk taker and embrace failure – You need to fail to become successful. The best thrive under pressure and love failure. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve and that is the fear of failure. The greatest risk is the one you don’t take.
- Think Like a doctor – Doctors ask questions and listen carefully. They talk a little and listen a lot. Stop thinking like a salesperson and start thinking like a doctor. Drop your tone, ask thoughtful questions, listen carefully and take the pain away.
- Soar with the eagles that fly high – Surround yourself with positive, big thinkers and achievers. The fastest way to speed up your success is to model the success of others. Have an inner circle that will help you grow, get better and achieve your biggest goals and dreams in life. Get rid of the toxic elements in your life, those that drain you and have a negative impact in your life.
- Sell to decision makers – Connect with prospects who are capable of investing in your solution.
- Walk away from bad prospects – The world’s best spend all their time on the right prospects. Most of your prospects aren’t good for your offering. Be willing to walk away from the wrong ones.
- Go after the big sales – Average sales people close more than the top performers. The world’s best go after the big sales. It takes the same amount of time but with a much bigger payout.
- Leverage your customers – Leverage each new customer into the next opportunity. Rely on existing customers to keep your pipeline full.