The National Small Business Chamber (NSBC) will be hosting their 9th My Business Expo at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 24 August 2017. At this expo you will be exposed to valuable entrepreneurial insights about small businesses in South Africa.
But what does it take to be a successful entrepreneur? By looking at successful entrepreneurs around the world, you may notice that many of them share a few basic personality traits:
- They are savvy. They may have degrees, but far more importantly, they have very good instincts when it comes to business. They are able to learn from past mistakes and move into the future willing to be great.
- They are passionate. They live and breathe their desired field of business. They take every opportunity that presents itself to learn more about their field.
- They have drive. They are motivated to be successful. When faced with an obstacle, they will find a way to overcome it. If they experience failure they see it as stepping stone to reaching their dreams.
- They are not afraid of hard work. Anyone who thinks running their own business is a walk in the park is in for a surprise. It is more like riding your favourite rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, but when you stop the ride- you want to go again.
- They don’t settle for the status quo. They see opportunity where most people will see challenges. They look outside of the box.
Many South Africans have these traits inherently. But where can you gain the knowledge to start or grow your business?
The My Business Expo & Business StartUp Show offers the opportunity to aspiring entrepreneurs and seasoned entrepreneurs to learn, network, grow and be inspired.
By attending the expo, you will be exposed to the latest entrepreneurial insights and trends. You will learn about franchising and business opportunities. There will be many seminars and sessions to take part in. Some topics include:
- Think beyond a job, create your own
- Practical advice for addressing the challenges of access to finance and tips on securing the finance you need
- Growing beyond borders – the benefits of trading internationally and how easy it is to do so
- How to prepare your business to be funding ready
- Commercialising and profiting from your intellectual property
- It’s not all about the money: although one of the most important aspects of running a business is to be profitable
- Cybercrime in South Africa – a look at the costs of cybercrime in South Africa, impacts to the economy & families plus the emotional impact of cybercrimeYou will have the opportunity to network with business professionals, thought leaders, industry experts and speakers who have the vision to see your business grow.