Article provided by Startwise
Do you truly know the value of having a business mentor when considering expanding business expansion? Sometimes, the perspective of an external consultant can increase your profitability and identify the opportunities in your SMME. As your business grows, so do the requirements for extra skill sets and managers to help support you.
Startwise is a virtual consulting platform where SME’s can connect with industry experts through the chat or video feature, ask their business advice and they will tell you the actions you need to take. If you sign up and book a consultation with an expert today, you will get your first 15 minutes FREE.
Here are a few questions to help assess whether it’s time for you to gain some expert advice.
Marketing and Sales
Increasing digital marketing efforts and knowing how to balance your sales team growth versus expenses is critical. Without promoting your service or product correctly, customers won’t find you online and leads or sales won’t be generated.
- What kind of budget should I allocate to marketing?
- Do I need a website to generate sales?
- How do I market my company?
- Is my pricing model working?
- Is there sufficient demand for my product to expand?
- Is social media an effective way to promote my business?
Business Consulting / Mentor
It may seem like a broad category where you aren’t sure what you are supposed to gain or ask from a business mentor or consultant. They can offer guidance and often be a sounding board for your strategic decisions. They can assist with topics like trends, expansion, strategy, business focuses and plans or perhaps even helping you develop a business skill.
- Do I need a business plan?
- Is my business plan correct?
- How can I approach this expansion strategically?
- How can I grow my business?
- Where can I apply for funding?
- How do I decrease my churn rate?
- Is my business profitable?
Join the Startwise platform, navigate to the “Business Consulting” category and start chatting to a mentor of your choice. Get your first 15 minutes FREE.
Finance & Accounting
Our advisors can assist your company on business-related issues, reviewing your financials, auditing, expansion opportunities and more.
- Can I afford to expand?
- I’m acquiring a new business, can you review the books?
- How long should my building lease be for?
- What are my potential risks and liabilities?
- Is my company really profitable?
- Can I lower my overhead costs?
It doesn’t have to be complex, simply download the Startwise App or sign up online, navigate your way to the “Commercial law” category and let an expert answer your legal question. Get your first 15 minutes FREE.
Skills & Management
We alluded to it earlier, as a start-up, you run the show. You are across all divisions of your business and more often than not, you don’t necessarily have the support of a full management team. As your business becomes more established, your mindset should shift to upskilling yourself and building a bigger team. Get your first 15 minutes FREE.
- How many employees do I need to start my business?
- How can I be more effective as a leader?
- How can I better manage my time?
- Am I focusing on the wrong aspects?
- Am I too involved in the daily running?
- Who should train my teams?