Article written by Mike Anderson (NSBC Founder & CEO)
If you are not 100% happy with where you are and you feel you are going nowhere slowly, then the time is now to change. It’s a new year, a new beginning so rewrite your plot today.
Always remember, if you keep doing what you have always been doing you will only ever have what you have right now and your path of mediocrity or worse will continue.
By modelling the success traits of the zero-to-hero mega-entrepreneurs, there is no doubt that we will experience fewer difficulties and less failures, and that our road to entrepreneurial success will be shorter and enhanced.
Why drag out the process when we can make things happen by doing things now more effectively and with bigger results.
Importantly, don’t just settle for a good life, aim to live a great life. What’s exciting about this, is that this is a choice and your life can change today.
Now, lets’ look at what you must START doing NOW to accelerate personal success?
- If you don’t love what you are doing change direction now. Follow your heart and intuition – passion is what will drive you to succeed.
- Start your day laser focused. Get up early – before sunrise every day. Re-evaluate your short-, medium-, and long-term goals, and plan your attack for the day.
- Keep promises no matter how small. If you have integrity nothing else matters, if you don’t have integrity nothing else matters.
- Live your journey with persistence, passion and perseverance.
- Adopt the magic of tiny steps and start knocking down goals. By doing this, you will have unshakable self-belief and supreme confidence in your ability to triumph.
- Always look at the bright side of life. In this way you will encounter fewer obstacles on your success journey, and you will stop worrying about the bad things that are never going to happen.
- Continuously express gratitude and always have a positive outlook.
- Constantly challenge the status quo, this will give you the seeds of vision and opportunity. Doing the same things over and over that don’t work will only every give you what you have right now. Permanently search for a better way of doing things.
- Don’t wait for the perfect conditions, the conditions will never be perfect. Thrive on risk, act quickly, and don’t think about failure.
- Seize opportunities before the tipping point of evidence. Don’t allow yourself not to seize opportunities because of the fear of failure and don’t lose opportunities due to indecisiveness. Remember, good people can make bad choices and bad choices can make good people too.
- When you do fail, learn from the experience, bounce back quickly, change direction, and move forward positively.
- Always demand excellence from yourself.
- Soar with the eagles that fly high, surround yourself with the positive, big thinkers and achievers and remove exposing yourself to negative people. You are the sum of the five people you hang around most with. Eliminate people or things that delay or stop you from moving quickly.
- Take responsibility for everything thrown at you irrespective of what happens.
- Only focus on what’s important. Adopt the important habit of saying “no” to almost everything and everyone.
- Move faster and set tough deadlines.
- Visualise and feel your success until you live it.
- Focus on what you do best and outsource the rest.
- Disagree to an idea you dislike. Do not dislike the idea because you don’t like the person.
- Don’t engage in arguments with people who always think they are right.
- Allow yourself to feel mad, but don’t act mad.
- When you stop talking to people, stop talking about them too.
- Never tolerate disrespect, nor lower your standards in hope that people will love you when you please them all the time. Respect people even if they don’t deserve it. If you can’t, then at least be silent.
- Never throw in the towel – just keep moving and never give up. Live your life with persistence and perseverance.
It’s a new year. A new chapter. If you don’t like the plot of your life story, rewrite a new one now.
Proudly brought to you by the NSBC