Remez Security SA is an electronic security systems and fire protection solutions provider that supplies, installs and maintains quality equipment with service excellence to its clients. They are the go-to professionals in the electronic security systems industry.
When they started Remez Security SA in 1979, they were a telecommunications supplier and installer. In 1983, they diversified their offering to expand into the security industry with specialist skills in military radar technology and electronic engineering. As a result of the huge demand for private security services in South Africa at the time (and still today), they focussed on electronic security to meet the market needs. In 1986, they sold their telecommunications business to focus on providing state-of-the-art security services to the market with a high level of quality and service excellence. They’ve recognised this need and responded by evolving their services and solutions in line with industry trends and technology to offer the full scope of electronic security expertise from simple project management to comprehensive design, implementation and maintenance.
What they love the most about running their business is knowing that, through our electronic security solutions, the lives and property of the people they serve are secured with the utmost care and commitment to excellence. As an independently-owned business, we operate responsibly and love the fact that we are accountable to ourselves.
They have learned many lessons on their business journey. Some of the key lessons have been:
- Learn from your mistakes and don’t be scared to take calculated risks.
- If it seems to be too good to be true, rather walk away.
- Don’t incur unnecessary debt. Practicing diligence in how they manage their finances and operations with the available means has kept them resilient and able to keep their operations going.
- Good business relationships. Maintaining their relationships with their suppliers and clients over the years has proven to get them through challenges and have played an integral part in their growth and successes to date.
- Also, understanding the importance of technology and industry trends have allowed them to remain relevant in their trade and provide the expert opinions and solutions that their clients have become accustomed to.
Securing lives through their electronic security solutions is why they exist. Remez is passionate about safeguarding people and their assets – this need is endless and they’re proud to be part of the solution.
When asked why South Africans should support small business this is what Remez had this to say: “Small businesses like ours are flexible and agile – we can adapt to change much faster than larger companies can. We know this from experience. Larger companies cannot always take on the risks of new technologies or solutions as quickly as we can. Our ability to create more opportunities, quickly learn from mistakes and mitigate challenges can happen faster than a large corporate can handle. This is why innovation depends on small businesses to try and test before it can be adopted on a larger scale. South Africa will benefit tremendously by supporting small businesses to create more and new opportunities, learn the lessons and set new paths and trends for progress.”