It’s that time of year again when Santam partners with FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE to kick off the annual Santam Women of the Future competition to seek out the most inspiring and resilient women entrepreneurs in the country. Lancôme, the internationally renowned beauty brand, has come onboard as a beauty partner for the 2023 competition.
The awards, now in its ninth year, have become a well-known, prestigious platform for recognising women-owned businesses and assisting in not only contributing to the further success of the winning enterprises but also garnering them international recognition.
Call for nominations
Nominations are open and we are therefore calling on female entrepreneurs who have made it past the first 1 000 days of running their businesses to enter the Santam Women of the Future competition. We are looking for the most impactful, resilient and inspiring entrepreneurs in the country.
Please share this web page www.womenofthefuture.co.za with female entrepreneurs in your circles so they can enter the competition and possibly take their business to the next level. Entries close on 5 June 2023. Entrepreneurs can enter in one of three categories – The Santam Woman of the Future, The Santam Rising Star and The Santam Social Entrepreneur.
Apart from the R600 000 in prizes, winners will receive mentorship from the competition judge of their choice, and the business will also get an enormous publicity boost.
The panel of adjudicators for this year’s competition consists of: Nonkululeko Gobodo, CEO of Awakened Global; Professor Thuli Madonsela, Law Trust Chair in Social Justice at Stellenbosch University’s Faculty of Law; Dawn Nathan-Jones, entrepreneur and CEO at Over the Rainbow; Norah Sehunoe, Santam Executive Head of Human Resources; Suzy Brokensha, FAIRLADY Editor-in-Chief and Mbali Soga, TRUELOVE Editor.
Santam remains committed to levelling the playing field for women in business.
We are proud of this initiative as it’s testimony of the support we’ve provided women in business in South Africa over many years.
• R100 000 in cash to the Woman of the Future from Santam
• R60 000 in cash each to the Rising Star and Social Entrepreneur from Santam
• A luxury beauty hamper worth R10 000 from our beauty partner, Lancôme
• A full-page advertisement in FAIRLADY or TRUELOVE to promote the business, social enterprise or NPO
• A mentorship session with one of the Women of the Future judges
• A Strategies for Making and Taking New Markets course worth R11 000 or Strategic Marketing course worth R18 000 from the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)
• A Frederique Constant Vitality women’s watch worth R15 495
• Business printing worth R5 000 from Lithotech
• A Stackd cabin case worth R4 899 from Samsonite
• Three pairs of Baker sunglasses, combined worth R5 397, from Execuspecs
• A fashion and lifestyle voucher worth R3 000 from Superbalist
How to enter
• To enter or nominate an entrepreneur, visit womenofthefuture.co.za
• Entries close on 5 June 2023.
What it takes
There are three categories
- The Santam Woman of the Future title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older whose business is older than 1 000 days and who is well on her way to establishing an extensive enterprise.
- The Santam Rising Star title is awarded to an entrepreneur between 16 and 30, who is still within her first 1 000 days but whose business, our judges believe, will flourish.
- The Santam Social Entrepreneur title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older, who is making a real difference in her community. Her business/social enterprise/NPO has survived the first 1 000 days.
To enter or for more information, visit www.womenofthefuture.co.za
Competition T&Cs apply
Santam is an authorised financial services provider (FSP 3416), a licensed non-life insurer and controlling company for its group companies.