Guest post by www.libertylending.com
You will need to standout in the crowd of business – startups and established – if you want to do well in it. The best way to do this and to ensure that you reach out to a larger section of the audience at the same time is to use mobile devices.
Most people use a variety of mobile devices today to research a product or service, buy a product or service, or to look for information or news. It can be a laptop or a tablet but the most extensively used mobile device is the smartphone. Therefore, it is a mobile phone that will ensure proper growth of your business.
However, it is not easy to stand out from the crowd even if you use a mobile marketing strategy. You must know the exact ways that will take to your desired growth and this is one of the biggest challenges that most marketers experience today. Here are a few ways that will help you in your mobile marketing strategy.
Customize the app design
The most productive and proven way for success in modern business is to have a mobile app designed for your business. However, you will need to customize your app design so that it proves to be useful for your customers to reach to you and for you to overcome the problems. For this, you will have to include a few features in your mobile app development.
There are ideally three things that the users look for in a mobile app. These are:
- Better personalization
- Seamless navigation, and, most importantly,
- A hassle-free experience.
Therefore, make sure that your app has these three aspects in it to align with your customer’s needs and choices. You must also design your mobile app in such a way that it is engaging, interactive and informative. This will help you to build a strong relationship with your customers as well as create a better brand awareness.
Build a mobile business strategy
You may have the best mobile app designed along with a website that is informative and interesting but in spite of all that, it may not provide the desired results. The primary reason is that you do not have a strategic and productive mobile business strategy. You must have one and make sure that it is meticulous as well.
There are a few specific ways in which you can develop a successful mobile business strategy that will bring profitable results for your business. Actually, it is a 5-step process.
- Step 1: Focus on the overall strategy of your business and highlight it in your strategy. This should include your business mission, goals, vision, and targets. It should be your long-term approach and this will bring more business for your company and add value for your customers.
- Step 2: This includes identifying the users and the role that they play in developing a productive and more successful mobile strategy. Typically, users differ a lot when it comes to using an app. It is therefore important that you distinguish your target users of your mobile app from the others. Differentiate your users on the basis of their age, gender, businesses, customers and others. Avoid the common mistakes that businesses make by thinking that the tastes and preferences of users are the same and make wrong decisions on these assumptions. Therefore, focus on different personas for your different users and prioritize them accordingly.
- Step 3: Perform a SWOT analysis which will also help you a lot in your mobile strategy development process. This will help you to identify the environment for your business and gain a lot of insights that will contribute to your decision-making process. SWOT analysis stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat. When you know your strength and weaknesses, you will also know about the other important internal factors such as the cash flow, expertise of the developers, the resource pool, and others. When you know the opportunity and threat on the other hand, you will know a lot about the external factors like the demand and competition. Also make sure that you analyze all the available resources at your disposal such as time, money, and people so that you know the best ways to utilize these most effectively.
- Step 4: Conduct a competitor analysis as well. As you may know that the app stores are extremely crowded and therefore if you cannot differentiate yourself from the others, you will not stand a chance against your competition. Therefore, do research on similar apps that are there for the same purpose as ours. This will help you to know what you are up against. The key information to look for in your competitor analysis are what are they doing well, what are their shortcomings, and what they are not doing at all.
- Step 5: You must also define your sales pitch and its role. This will help the users know what your mobile strategy is all about and how your app will be helpful to them. You will need to give the users a clear and compelling reason to use your app and perform a specific action. You must focus on simplifying the buying experience by focusing on the payments options, loyalty points added and other aspects that will result in the customers returning to you.
Apart from these basic and important steps, there are other steps to follow to design your mobile strategy. This includes deciding the type of app you want for your business, native or hybrid. Also decide on your app development methodology and choose between Agile or Waterfall methodology.
Also find out where to place your development, in-house or outsource it. You must always follow a go-to-market strategy before you launch your strategy and app. Last but not least, test your app and strategy before allowing the customers to use it to know the lapses and gaps in it and rectify them.